Tuesday 11 January 2011

270 Drugchu Tibetan villagers left homeless by fire

(TibetanReview.net, Jan11, 2011) More than 270 people in a Tibetan village in Zhouqu (Tibetan: Drugchu) County of Gansu Province had been left homeless after a fire early Jan 9 morning ripped through residential buildings, reported China’s official Xinhua news agency Jan 9, citing local authorities.

The blaze was reported to have started in the early morning in Qawa Village and extinguished by 3 PM. While no casualties were reported, 613 houses were damaged.

The report said the remote rural settlement was not hit by last August's massive mudslide in the county, which left 1,510 people dead and 255 others missing.

A short circuit in one of the houses was suspected to have caused the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment